What is University of She?


As a male growing up in a small town in the 80s and 90s, I spent the bulk of my adolescence trying not to get my ass kicked by pretending not to like things that were remotely considered feminine. Fashion, romance novels, daily bathing routines. Even show an inkling of interest for these things, and an APB goes out to all the kids who parents didn't hug them enough. Admire the silhouette of a skirt and you were public enemy number one.

Fast forward thirty years, and receiving death threats for liking Barbra Streisand too much have become way less frequent. And now all of my secret joys can be shared more openly. This brings me to the purpose of this blog.

A sister to my learning blog, University of Me, University of She is a chronicle of my thoughts as I learn and read about interest categories currently dominated by women -- from interior design to Taylor Swift to the subtle nuances of third wave feminism. I doubt I will be able to teach anyone any lessons, but hopefully I can entertain along the way.

Welcome to University of She!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artist Spotlight: Carol Simon and Stories of Gratitiude

The Art Spotlight

The Luxe - A Brief Examination of the Communicative Element of Fashion